February 21, 2009

Ben Harper Is My Lover

I stumbled across this poem this evening. I just had to share it with all my blog readers.

Ben Harper Is My Lover

I ended up with two Africa classes this quarter.
It made me hate conquests of any kind.
Christianity and commerce.
Starbucks and European civilization.
It gave me even more reasons to justify Bob Marley.
Justify spending 13.50 on dreadlock shampoo.
Justify making a stand.
All the while
Having the option of changing into my red GAP sweater,
Reading my Bible,
And drinking the single, tall, caramel machiato
I'm so addicted to.
How can I hate a corrupt and powerful nation
Without hating a system
I have no intention
Of leaving?


Kelsey Parkhurst


by Rivers on Saturday, February 21, 2009 |
Labels: ,

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)