November 5, 2008

A Few Changes

Just a quick post to my readers.

I have made a few changes the the blog in the past 2 days. The most noticeable is the header (above) featuring the main design element of Coast Salish art: the Coast Salish eye. I wanted to display something integral to our culture and represents the basic fundamentals of a beautiful art form.

The next change is some of the fonts. The blog title font has been changed to Helveltica CY and the text font is Arial. The font colour for blog text is not black to contrast the white background and then of course there's the major addition of blue! Right now I'm really interested in the colours red and blue, but thought to stay away from Red on this site for a few reasons, but I wanted to add some colour to the blog.

The other features are the side bars. I always wanted to create a Flickr profile and finally got around to accomplish that, especially since I have my own digital camera now. On the right is a slideshow playing photographs from my Flickir account. The main photographs I took so far are from my canoe journey in the summer from Alert Bay to Cowichan on Tribal Journey's 2008.

Above the slideshow is a brief introduction about the blog. What is there now is only temporary and and more extensive write up will be soon. The links below are to my Wikipedia profile, my Flickr profile, and my DeviantArt profile. The last one is empty right now but as I build my portfolio in art, it will be added to DeviantArt.com.

I have added my Delicious feed. Delicious is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks. Websites, articles, pdf's, images, and other such things will be logged on my Delicious feed and shared with you all. Enjoy seeing what I'm reading or looking at and find some interesting reads.

I have fixed my RSS feed and now added a widget for more features. You can connect to your different RSS Feed Readers or easily connect with the link. I use my Mail account (Mac Computer) to read all my RSS feeds or my RSS Feed Reader application on my iPhone. That mean's I read your blog everytime you post, and you can read my blog everytime I post.

Series is unders contruction. Once a month I'll be doing a series on a specific subject, broken into different parts. This is still being written but will begin soon.

Categories is an easy way to find blogs on what I feel are the main subjects of my blog. The subjects (as they are now) are:
  • Art
  • Business
  • Community
  • Culture
  • History
  • Land & Enviroment
  • Language
  • Law
  • Politics
  • Religion/Spirituality
  • Science
  • Society
  • Story-telling
  • Technology
  • War
Fifteen subject's is a lot but from these category groups you'll find posts developing in all of these area's. Most likley, some will have more blog posts then others, but I hope to develop a well-rounded and large repitoire of articles. This is currently unders construction.
sdaf

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)