October 5, 2006

Getting a "REAL" Education

Posted recently on an old blog site was a list of books I hoped to read through, understand, and put into action with my own life of growing. Here is a list of the books I've finished, and the books I am still planning on reading. Books I've read:
  • Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to quit school and get a real life and education by Grace Llewellyn
  • The Law of Spirit: Powerful Truths for Making Life Work by Dan Millman
  • The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
Currently reading:
  • Our Word is Our Weapon by Subcomandante Insurgente Marcos
  • Dune Messiah
  • Pedagogy of the Oppressed
Will read:
  • Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert
  • The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  • The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams
  • People of the Pines: The Warriors and Legacy of Oka by Geoffry York & Loreen Pindera
  • The Monkey Wrench Gang by Edward Abbey
  • One Hundred Years in Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
  • Direct Action: Memoirs of a Urban Guerrilla by Ann Hansen
The list grows, but as it stands, here is my reading list. If you have suggestions a Indigenous Youth searching to grow to become strong enough to create sustainable change through decolonization and healing, please let me know. :)

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)